DISTRO brings together leading laboratories in Visual Computing and 3D Computer Graphics research across Europe with the aim of training a new generation of scientists, technologists, and entrepreneurs that will move Europe into a leading role in the scientific and technological innovation in the area of casual, distributed 3D object design and customization.
There are 15 Early Stage Researcher (ESR) positions available, which allow the researcher to work towards a PhD. All ESRs will be recruited for a period of 36 months, and will have secondments linked to their research to other partners in the network.
All ESRs must be, at the date of recruitment, within the first four years of his/her research career and not have a doctoral degree. In addition, you must not have spent more than 12 months in the host country in the 3 years prior to the date of recruitment.
ESRs are paid a competitive salary which is adjusted in accordance to your individual circumstances. Please see the individual adverts below to see details of the salary for your host country, as well as information on how to apply.
- ESR 1: Image and Depth-guided Modelling of Semantically Annotated Objects (IVCI)
- ESR 3: Material Representation (CUNI)
- ESR 5: Online Storage, Versioning, Retrieval and Presentation (DFKI)
Applications now closed:
- ESR 2: Example-based and Ad-hoc Material Acquisition (UCL)
- ESR 4: 3D User Interfaces for Next-Generation Computational Design (UCL)
- ESR 6: Multi-modal Structure Discovery toward Accurate Analysis and Navigation (UCL)
- ESR 7: Realistic Rendering (CUNI)
- ESR 8: Image Display and Quality Evaluation (MPI)
- ESR 9: High-quality Fabrication (IST Austria)
- ESR 10: interactive Exploration (IVCI)
- ESR 11: Animation Authoring and Interaction (ETH Zurich)
- ESR 12: Online Customization (DFKI)
- ESR 14: Real/Virtual Animation (ETH Zurich)
- ESR 15: Augmented Reality (Edinburgh Napier)